Logan is 6 months old! We just can't believe it! It feels like just yesterday we were giving him his first bath and still figuring out how to diaper him, burp him, feed him, etc. Some good friends of ours just had a baby about two weeks ago and we saw him for the first time on Easter and Aaron and I both refused to believe that Logan was ever that little. We literally cannot remember him being that little! The time goes SOOOOOO fast and they grow and change SOOOOOOOOOO quickly.
As for our little guy, he is amazing us with his strength. Month 6 has brought on the beginnings of crawling. It all started with his little push-up, then what I call "plank" position, then pulling his knees in, then rocking on all fours, then trying to move towards something but moving backwards instead, and finally over the last week he is making forward progress! This all happened over the course of about 2 weeks. It really has been incredible to watch him figure it out right before our eyes. It's not coordinated enough to call it crawling, but he can move a good 5 feet if he decides he wants to! It's more like a scoot. He is especially motivated by Beau. Boy, we never imagined how much he would love Beau. His face just lights up when he sees him. He is also doing really well at sitting up on his own and we've just recently tried letting him stand up holding on to something (like the coffee table) and he is pretty darn sturdy. (Thanks Mema for the idea!)
Super strong baby evidence - exhibit A
Super strong baby evidence - exhibit B (notice no daddy hands)
Well, we have officially entered the world of baby food. So far we've only had sweet potatoes and butternut squash, but he loved both! I am told I have to be careful with all of these orange foods though...I certainly don't want an orange baby. This has been so much fun as Logan is shockingly good at opening his mouth for the spoon and swallowing. Don't get me wrong, he knows how to make a mess, but it is so cute to see him open his mouth really wide in anticipation of that spoon!
We had a special visitor this month. Aaron's mom (Mema) came to visit us! We had SUCH a good time with her and are so grateful for her visit. Logan couldn't get enough of his Mema, as you'll see in the pictures.
Enjoy the pics!
I particularly like this shot, there's evidence of Logan's kisses all over her face!
Logan got a very special handmade Easter basket from Aunt Shelly!
My favorite picture of Mema and Logan
Daddy and Logan looking out over Panama City
So happy after a quick snooze in the stroller
Mema and a very comfortable Logan taking a stroll on the causeway
These are what we call "Logan kisses"...

I'm requesting more pics of Logan with Mommy. :) Thanks, Aunt Rachel
ReplyDeleteHe is such a special little guy and I had a great time visiting him and Aaron and Jaime. His very wet baby kisses made me giggle, but I loved them.
ReplyDeleteThanks for the great time.